The active genetic material of chimpanzees is 99% identical to that of humans. I have met people who were less than 99% human.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Pet Fair 2005 -- This Weekend!

There is at least one event going on here in conjunction with World Animal Day (Oct. 4th). Pet Fair 2005 is taking place today and tomorrow at Hall C, The Mines Exhibition Centre, next to the Mines Shopping Fair.

The entrance fee is RM5 for adults, kids under 12 free. You can bring your dog(s) along, too, according to the SPCA website. (I think there is a RM5 registration fee per dog.) I like any activity that dogs can join in, especially in a country where dogs are commonly banned from the public parks.

Best of all, the SPCA, and, I think, PAWS will be there, offering information and pet adoption opportunities. They will have adoptable dogs on the spot, as well as being able to answer any questions potential adopters might have. It's a great idea!


Bonnie, a three-month-old Sharpei mix hoping to be adopted from the SPCA. She looks like Bongo, my adopted Sharpei mix, when he was a puppy. He grew up to be the handsomest, healthiest, most lovable dog you can imagine! I wish I could adopt Bonnie myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger boo_licious said...

Bonnie is adorable and I hope she finds a home.

On yr query regarding the cats, the pet shop is not mine, just one I go to regularly. They take in strays which are for adoption hence the pixs of the 4 kitties I had. If you have any friends who want to adopt kitties, give them a buzz or visit them.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Will do!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter

Baby long-tailed macaque in Cameron Highlands, Malaysia
Save a Primate!
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]


© 2001-2004 WebRing Inc. - Help - Browse WebRing

The Great Ape WebRing
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]